Automated Systems of Tacoma (AST), a privately-held, profitable manufacturing company with over 50 years of proven success in continuous innovation and new product development is looking for a Sales Manager to join our growing Aftermarket Parts and Contract Manufacturing team.
The Aftermarket Sales Manager is responsible for delivering customer satisfaction and profitable revenue growth by effectively supporting existing and developing new aftermarket accounts. This is accomplished by working closely with the Customers, to understanding their needs, finding opportunities to make measurable improvements to their business, submitting timely / professional proposals that convert these opportunities into profitable orders and then coordinating the timely delivery of the solution.
- Lead and manage all aspects of AST’s aftermarket business including parts, service and field upgrades.
- Ensure a smooth transition of customer relationships responsibility from Project Management to Aftermarket at the end of each project.
- Maintain and build customer trust in AST after final project acceptance resulting in profitable aftermarket revenue growth.
- Work with Segment Managers, Account Managers and others to develop and implement strategies to grow and add new accounts.
- Work with Segment Managers, Account Managers and others to identify industry trends, forecasts demand and prepare annual budgets.
- Coordinate and motivate team members toward achieving aftermarket goals.
- Monitor performance vs budgets and take action to drive continuous improvement.
- Timely process customer requests for technical information/proposals, gather and organize data, and clearly identify and communicate deliverables and delivery deadlines with a scope of work and pricing.
- Effectively create and manage customer orders by maintaining budget and schedule, keeping open communication between all impacted parties and meeting or exceeding customer needs and customer satisfaction goals.
- Process Aftermarket customer invoices by gathering data, calculating labor and material costs/markup and communicating requirements to Accounting.
- Generate and maintain customer order and releasing data using internal ERP system.
- Coordinate the efforts of individuals and departments to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Produce and/or obtain quality program documents as required (Non-Conformance Reports, Certificate of Conformance, etc.).
- Travel to customer sites as needed.
- 7+ years’ experience or equivalent in Engineering or Manufacturing or related field, selling machinery parts, service and upgrades (mechanical and electrical systems).
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints desired.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business related financial expertise
- Bachelors’ degree in sales and marketing desired but not required
- Familiarity with Miller Heiman sales processes desired but not required
- Familiarity with project driven, engineer and build operations
- General understanding of industrial machinery.
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and ERP systems
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, forthright and thorough
- Ability to change direction quickly and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
AST is proud of our team. Providing challenging and rewarding work, with opportunities for personal/professional development is our key to this longevity. AST is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time position based in Tacoma. Compensation is competitive, including salary, bonus potential, health plan, and paid time off.
For an opportunity to join our growing team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining AST. Please take a brief minute to tell us about yourself and how you fit in our organization.