Automated Systems of Tacoma (AST), a privately-held, profitable, custom design & manufacturing company with over 45 years of proven success in continuous innovation and new product development is looking for a, Electrical/Controls Technician to join our growing Engineering team.
The Electrical/Controls Technician is a position that requires basic experience in electrical & control designs for industrial machinery. Key areas of accountability include electrical schematics design/draft, customer care; perform experiments, machine testing & debug, user manual writing and supporting the continued improvement of the Engineering department.
- Use AutoCAD drafting software to create detailed electrical schematics and layout components for panel building.
- Able to understand, trouble-shoot and fix PLC ladder diagrams.
- Draft operations and maintenance manuals in accordance with the designs and equipment
- Participate in the installation/startup/testing of machinery at customer facilities
- Participate in electrical & controls installation and supervision at customer facilities as needed
- Perform machine testing, experiments, and debug activities to ensure designs reliably meet the project requirements
- Execute factory acceptance testing with documented results
- Executes and documents projects and tasks within given timelines and budgets with moderate oversight
- Maintains technical records, test results, and documentation in support of “design and/or performance history”
- Estimate the number of hours required to accomplish tasks
- Perform engineering responsibilities within budget and schedule limitations
- Participate in the design review process and provide technical input to peers
- Follow the guidance of the Engineering Manager and Principal/Senior Controls Engineer
- Embrace AST’s Process of Continuous Improvement across the organization.
- Diploma in an electrical/engineering curriculum, or comparable experience
- 3+ years working experience as an electrical technician with experience in industrial machinery
- Understand industrial machinery specifications and standards
- Basic knowledge of machine control system design and the testing environment with a strong electrical acumen
- Skilled with computer software; such as
- Allen-Bradley PLC Platform
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Thorough in their work practices, with a pursuit for perfection
- Self-motivated, energetic and disciplined, with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of projects and the collective team
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Character that complements AST’s long standing culture of high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity
AST is proud of the long tenure of our employees. Providing challenging and rewarding work, with opportunities for personal/professional development in a family atmosphere is our key to this longevity. AST is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma. Compensation is competitive, including salary, bonus potential, health plan, and vacation time.
For an opportunity to join our growing team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining AST. Please take a brief minute to tell us about yourself and how you fit in our organization.