The SR Mechanical Engineer will support multiple segments of AST’s business in the areas of design and testing of custom industrial and web processing machinery.
• Develop system designs using 3D software per project requirements
• Define complete mechanical systems, drawing packages, and bill of materials
• Provide technical expertise to department and mentor other engineers
• Perform engineering calculations and evaluations
• Organize and perform machine testing and development
• Participate in systems installation activities at customer facilities; occasional travel
• Collaborate with project team/management to define budget, schedules and solutions
• Assist with resource management, planning, budgeting, quoting and scheduling
• Support continuous improvement in the engineering department
• Provide customer care as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required; current Washington State PE a plus
• 10+ yrs experience in industrial machine design and testing
• Proficient using Inventor and AutoCAD or equivalent software
• Experience using solid modeling, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and motion analysis
• Provide technical expertise to department and mentor other engineers while meeting technical, schedule and budget targets
• Familiarity in working with an ISO quality plan and driving continuous improvement activities
• Demonstrated history of strong people and project management leadership in a dynamic work environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient using MS Office and Project
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma. Compensation is competitive, including salary, bonus potential, health plan, and vacation time.
For an opportunity to join our growing team, apply here or send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining AST. Please take a brief minute to tell us about yourself and how you fit in our organization.